The new year is a good time to review your real estate investing results for 2018 and plan the coming year. It’s also a great time to consider other areas of real estate investing you might want to investigate. Here is a list of real estate investing areas to consider and a list of marketing strategies for single family investors.
Most investors specialize in one or two areas or types of Real Estate Investing Strategies. Specializing keeps you focused and is often the best way to conduct your business, if the results you are getting are not quite what you want, it might be time to consider testing other investing areas. Here is a starter list of real estate investing areas to get you thinking.
- Landlord (buy N’ hold)
- Subject To (foreclosures)
- Seller Financing (being the bank)
- Lease Option
- Rent to Own
- Master Lease then sub-let
- Mobile homes, and mobile home parks.
- Apartment Investing
- Becoming a Private real estate lender
- Equity Partner with other investors
- Short Term Rentals (vacation, air-b&b, etc)
- Commercial rental real estate
- Land Speculator, sub-divider,
- Real Estate Developer – Syndicator
This is not a complete list, and each has a learning curve. You might pick one and work on the learning curve while you continue your existing area of expertise. Then you are ready when that opportunity comes along.
Jim E Glasgow